Thursday 11 September 2014

'Cause You're Free To Do What You Want To Do!

The time had come. It was finally here. I finally left the grounds of camp and I was venturing into the world of the unknown. My quest? Well there were many. The first however was to eat a meal that didnt require me to eat with plastic cutlery; find the biggest bottle of wine, wait who am I kidding, the biggest bottle of vodka in the world and a bed that felt like the clouds that would surround the gates to heaven. 15 weeks of living in what felt like the set of Twilight it is safe to say we were all in dire need of some luxury. Well, whatever luxury we can get on a backpackers budget (Card board box under a bridge anyone?). 

I am so excited that I can now surround myself with different sights. Being able to have the freedom of getting up when I want to, eat when I want to, have a shower that lasts longer than 5 minutes with no wains talking to you whilst you are washing your pits and to actually feel like I am travelling. Hallelujah! 

First Stop New Jersey.....

We stayed with friends in New Jersey and of course I made them take me to where they film Housewives of New Jersey and bloody hell the houses were crazy. Like ridiculous. I mean, you could definitely do 50 cartwheels up and down the hall and there would 100% be a guy at the door named Jeeves handing you a hot towel and champers when you walked in. 

The next day we had a total change of scene and headed to Atlantic City, the location of the tv show 'Jersey Shore'. Lets just say it made Blackpool look like a luxury destination. It resembles a place that Rab C Nesbit and the crew would vacation to but luckily for me I love places like that. From the pensioners and their cowboy hats on the slot machines to the stalls that sold 99cent hot dogs (respect to the people tht would eat a peice of 'meat' that was selling for 99cent, we will see how that turns out for you) everything was so tacky but bloody brilliant at the same time! 



Me being a tit. 

NYC


Me being a tit again 

We then spent two nights in the city, chilled out, took a walk through Central Park did some yoga, had pub grub and got drunk off of two drinks, well I did because even the of smell alcohol gets me drunk. It was amazing to just relax and do nothing. You should of seen me when the man came to the door with robes at the hotel. I near enough pissed masel I was that excited! I was convinced they had me confused for a celebrity. Canny take the girl out if Inverclyde eh? 




Suburb Living....

After realising that we were poor and actually couldn't afford NYC life for the last three days we stayed with one of my campers family (or I like to call them my adopted American Family) in the suburbs. They have taken us out for some amazing food including sushi where we ate a boat load. No seriously we literally had a boat filled with sushi....


Aye that is a boat, A BOAT!!!!

And and and, I even got my hair done. Like in a proper hair salon, not over a bath tub wilst using an alarm clock as a timer. A guy named Andre who had more blusher than me pampered me and made me a 'wee spicy'. I asked him for a selfie but he was a bit shy (or thought I was mental) so I had to settle for one on my tod...


 Looking absolutely ravishing as always. 

I can't thank my American family enough for everything they have done for me over the past two years. I am going to miss them a crazy amount! I LOVE YOU MORRIS CLAN!



And now, it is finally time to say cheerio to the States. I am not sure when I will be back but I feel like the small town of Hancock NY has been a second home to me. This isn't a goodbye, it's a see you later because I will 100% be paying a visit again some day. 

However until then......

NEXT STOP BANGKOK BABY! 

Todaloo Mother....

Oh wait we are delayed by 48 hours and now have to stay in Stockholm. 

Shit. 


Heavy raging. 

IKEA meatballs for dinner anyone? 


No comments:

Post a Comment