Thursday 5 June 2014

The Return of The Quadzilla....

Hey folks! 

I have arrived and finally started my 4 month summer at camp and it feels like I have never left. For many people who are experiencing their first summer as a camp counsellor it can be pretty daunting. You realise you have no wifi to upload your tenth selfie of the day, there is no where that you can shave you legs in private, there is a weird smell coming from under your bed and you are pretty sure that the squeeking sound you can here isn't the floor boards but probably the mouse in the corner eating your stash of dairy milk. You will lie in bed the first night on a mattress that makes you feel like the princess and the pea and wonder why the hell you decided to do this in the first place  but honestly, it gets better. In fact it gets great. Yes it is daunting and yes the ten kids climbing on you, braiding your hair and giving you a make over that ends in you resembling Pete Burns can be a bit over whelming but my advice is just go with it, relax and embrace the camp bubble. You will find yourself losing touch with the outside world and forgetting about 'real life' and that is why I love it. The people you will meet and the kids you will look after will become like family and soon you will be dreading the thought of leaving that bed that has your feet sticking out the bottom. So yeah just chill. Don't take your self to seriously and work the walk to breakfast like a catwalk when your kids dare you to wear your knickers over your trousers whilst walking backwards (it happens). 


Summer Goals 

I am back working as one of the camps fitness instructors in the gym and will be taking spin, bootcamp, running club & circuits so will have no problem keeping fit. However I do have a summer goal and that goal is to be 'Quadzilla' (I have been told to inform you all that Rustin Davitt came up with this name and he is infact the genius behind the creativity, happy?)

So what do I mean by the term 'Quadzilla'? Basically I want to beef up my legs and gain muscle and strength. I want the ground to shake, people's Gatorade to tremor  and everyone to yell 'oh no here comes Natalie with her massive muscley legs that could crack walnuts, lets all hide our legs because hers are so big and muscley and amazing'. Okay maybe not that far but you get the picture. My main fitness goal is to gain strength and along with my fitness classes I will be doing a lot of weight training to reach my goal and trying to eat as healthy as I can at camp. Apart from on off days when eating any form of vegetable is banned and if the rule is broken you are allowed to karate chop the rule breaker in the nose and force feed them a litre of Ben and Jerrys.





DAY OFF TREATS Y'ALL! 

(So far all the food I have posted has been cheat meals, I will start eating healthy tomorrow....or Monday, yeah Monday I promise, until then would somebody stick the waffle iorn on please?) 

I will be posting all of my workouts that I will be doing to reach my fitness goals on my Instagram account (@globesquatterblog) along with demo videos but here is a quick body weight workout you can do at camp, traveling or at home that requires no equipment. 


Give it a go and record your time! 

Also I realise that this post is pretty random and a bit pointless but I just write whatever is on my mind, (currently thinking about getting more Ben and Jerrys and m&ms and what colour I should paint my toe nails) and most of the time what's on my mind doesn't make much sense, however I usually have a background theme song on the go, at the moment it's Sweet Home Alabama. 

Yeah I will shut up now, until next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment