Thursday 7 August 2014

There's Sun Kissed Stunners And There's Sun Kissed Stunners AND THEN THERE'S ME!




Okay so first and foremost is anyone out there pals with the Bold Gok Wan and mind passing my number on to him? If so it would be hugely appreciated.

The reason I ask this is because at I am currently annoyed. In fact not annoyed, angry. In fact not angry, raging. Crazy, stupid mad. Like, watch out because my fists of fury are going to start going mental and start punching anyone that gets too close. Especially anyone that has sun kissed skin and a face as smooth as a babies arse because that is why I am infuriated. The fact that I am in America and have been for over two months and I still have rotten, see through Scottish skin and a complexion of a pepperoni pizza. Oh, and not to mention that my hair is constantly like a burst couch rather than falling into the sexy-beach-babe-waves like it is supposed to (yeah, I know I am nowhere near a beach but you get what I mean). Even though I am able to workout lots and keep fit as I work in the gym at camp, the downside is that I don't get outside all that much. Whilst all the other staff walk around and bask in the glorious sunshine I am stuck in here, staring out the window with a tear rolling down my cheek as I do some bicep curls. You think I am joking. Here is the evidence; me looking hideous whilst in absolute despair....







Like seriously, look at that. Even a maw fae Gibs Hill couldn't love that mug. 

As I have previously mentioned I am by no means a girly girl who spends lots of time doing my hair and make up but I at least want to look presentable on my travels and not scare away the Chang Mai Hill Tribes with my moustache and split ends. Therefore, I am calling all beauty geeks to help. Help a wee poor soul like me that needs hints and tips on how to look naw bad and be a bit of a helfy when travelling. I am not talking looks worthy of a date with Bradley Cooper but some advice on how to tame my absolute situation of a hair do and how to keep my skin like a peach would be lovely. So ladies (and gentlemen because you lot always seem to look good, why are men so much prettier than women?) please help a girl out? 

Boston Bound

 



My latest trip I took was to the beautiful city of Boston. Unfortunately, I only managed to spend a day there but from my experience I would definitely recommended it if you are ever in the state of Massachusetts. It is such a beautiful, calm city and the total opposite of the busy streets of New York. 

Whilst I was there I took advantage of consuming as much good seafood as possible (at camp you would have to go to the lake to catch something yourself and all the fish see no doubt mutants). On our trip, we went and visited Harvard Univeristy in Cambridge which is a short drive out of the city. No joke, I honestly felt like Legally Blonde. I think it was mostly because my dress was see through and you could blatantly see my arse in my tesco thong. I mean no Harvard student would wear a 75p thong? The grounds were stunning and it was really cool to see it all in real life...




We started off with Fish Tacos for lunch from a pub called the 'Cambridge Common' which is located a short walk from the Harvard grounds on Massachusetts Avenue. They were so, so good. Really fresh and the perfect amount.



Well they were either amazing or I was just drunk of the cocktails and could of been eating a shoe for all I know. 


We then went to Fenway Park- home of the Red Sox baseball team- for a guided tour. We drank in the 'Cask n Flagon' which was voted best baseball bar in 2013 and yes Natalie yet again felt drunk after half a drink. Standard.





For dinner we went down to the Boston harbour and hunted for some lobster rolls which we were advised to get whilst in Boston. We stopped in at 'Yankee Lobster' and had rolls and seafood platters. They wee pretty pricey but so worth it. The rolls were honestly like heaven like if I had died right there nd then I would of been content. The scallops were also the best I have ever ever had (I have only had scallops once before but these were ten times better). I am sure anywhere in the harbour would be amazing. Instead of phoning your local takeaway on Saturday night, book a flight and go to Boston harbour. I promise you it will be worth it. 



Finally, to finish the day we had ice cream (obviously). I couldn't decide weather to have a jumbo Rice Krispy waffle cone or a hot fudge sundae so yeah, I had both, and I ate every last drop and didn't even feel sick. When it comes to ice cream there is never too much. We are honestly the perfect example of how America turns you into a greedy fat bugger. 



Overall, Boston was great and I would love to go again and spend more time in the city. The next day off I had I stayed in a b'n'b with friends (equipped with its own hot tub) and just sunbathed and drank both bloody mary's (my new love) and watermelon cocktails until my lip went that weird way it goes when I am drunk. I managed to even get a bit of colour, they say red is the new shade of bronze.

So beside the eating and drinking on my days off, I have actually been working out really hard at camp. Sticking to my weights programme and cardio workouts. It makes the twelfth cookie and 67th beer all that more enjoyable. If you work out hard then a epic cheat day is deserved. I am already planning my next one and it's what is going to keep me going for the next wee while (next day off is a movie day and some sort of eating challenge that I will be filming so watch this space- I might even spew and be a YouTube sensation, my dream). I have been slacking in publishing my workouts recently but I am going to start making them more frequent. Not going to lie folks I have just been a lazy arsehole who would rather crawl in to my stinking camp sleeping bag when I have time off.  However I promise that I will get back on top of it and that my eagerness to not waste time sleeping has nothing to do with the fact I felt something biting my toes when I was napping the other day. Probably a chipmunk or junior lodger. 


Until next time! 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment