Thursday 23 April 2015

Free Bar, Sexy Dancing Plus a Kebab Means One Thing... THE FEAR!

So I am here to talk to you all about the taboo subject of having 'the fear' after a big night out. For those that don't know what 'the fear' is, it is basically the horrendous feeling when you can't remember much from the night before and you have woken up in the dogs bed, spooning a half eating kebab with a traffic cone on your head.

Aye, those kind of nights.


Most of us have been subject to these and the next morning (okay afternoon because you are usually still pissed as a fart and loving life up until then) reality kicks in and you remember, we'll sort of remember, all the dumb shit you said and did and your world is officially over.

Yeah you pretty much should just set sail and live alone on a boat in the middle of the Bermuda Triangle and make new friends out of objects like the nutter in Castaway. Tom Hanks was happy with Wilson. Wilson never judged. Wilson never reminded him of the time he got too excited after the 5th tequila slammer and started trying to sexy dance with a pillar. Wilson never gave him that disappointed look when he had lost his wallet for the 100th time. And Wilson certainly didn't take to Facebook to post on his wall...'Aw man the state of you last night LOL' (by the way you kind of people are bar far the worlds biggest dicks).



So my advice to you is when you suffer from the fear, run away from it, hide and never come out. Not even for cake.

Okay no I am joking. The reason I wanted to write about having the fear is because I suffered from it after last weekend. Yes the fitness enthusiast and health freak does still get drunk now and again and when I do get drunk it is always...interesting.

Put it this way, I bet you have read this post and stopped for a minute at least three times and thought 'this chick is a weirdo' and if you read my older posts again, you will see that this label is fitting. Picture this weirdness and times it by 50 and that is what I am like when I am just tipsy. Now accompany that image with a free bar and you will now realise why I had the fear, and boy was it a good one. Now I can honestly say that before I got to Australia, in fact before I decided to join a Netball team in Australia, I had pretty much packed in drinking. I would have a beer or two but that was about it and my white girl wasted days were over. Or so I thought. This weekend reminded me of just how mentally draining having the fear after a night out is.

Like most I always blow things out of proportion. I am a worrier and I stress myself out when there is no need to be stressed out. The night ended with me and Rustin getting a kebab, coming home and howling at the fact he was wearing a pink knitted jumper that magically appeared from no where and we were in bed by 2am. So I couldn't of been that bad...surely.

But God then it happens. It hits you like a frying pan to the face...

 'a person who was sober last night and thinks it will be the most funniest thing EVER even when its not has tagged you in a photo'.

FUCK.

Who is this person!? When did I talk to this person!? UNTAG UNTAG UNTAG!!!!!!!

And then it just goes tits up from there. I don't know if anybody else does this but when I have a mind blank from a night out I make up situations in my mind and convince myself that they are true. For example, the whole day on Sunday I was positive that I got on to the roof and started yelling 'I AM A GOLDEN GOD' to a cheering crowd and I believed it for about 4 hours. I then remembered that it wasn't me but Russell in Almost Famous. What a lad.



Why am I writing this post? Like most of them I have no idea why. I just think now, mid week and fearless after discovering that I did nothing apart from dance a bit strange (I need to apologise to that pillar) I can give my proper advice as to how to deal and avoid having the fear...

 Punch anyone in the face that posts about it on your Facebook wall.

Always ask the pillars permission BEFORE you start dancing.

And since this is a health, fitness and LIFESTYLES blog I will also advice that come Monday, get back on the green juice and sweat out all that booze and bad choices you made. A night on the sauce now and again doesn't make you a failure to the health world. It makes you HUMAN! Stress less and have fun and use that fear as motivation. You run from that fear, you run fast and you keep running! 



2 comments:

  1. The inflammation and tissue damage that occurs is a good thing, though, if you plan on building bigger muscles. As you should all know, your muscles grow while resting, not when getting worked and/or stripped down during intense exercise.Krystal Clean Nail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys i'm so damn happy..I lost 23 pounds in 21 days and I want to show you how I did it..This is very exciting stuff

    ALOKA UST-5546

    ReplyDelete