Monday 6 April 2015

BBQ's, Beer, Nutella & Penis Straws....

Hello Everyone and Happy Easter!

I hope you all had a great time celebrating with your families and friends and got your fill of chocolate! I don't know if you all knew but Easter, Christmas and your birthday is the only time when calories do not count so aye, go nuts!



I for one have and I have enjoyed a few beers, a few (hundred) spoonfuls of nutella and cream eggs as well as a couple of lazy days. I was going to actually work out today but opted for tea and chocolate in bed instead. It is still the holidays after all! See I am human!

We celebrated my best friends birthday on Saturday whilst sipping on penis straws (so mature) and we ended up pissed in Doms like I said we would. However sadly this time I never made it on to the podium, our friend Gary bet me to it. On Easter Sunday I went camping up the river with my boyfriend and his family. We toasted marshmallows by the fire, I shat in a hole in the ground, I wrestled a snake, Rustin caught fish out the river using only his teeth and we slept in a tree. Okay only two of them are true but I will just leave it to you all to guess which ones.



It has been amazing having time off to relax and I don't even feel guilty for over indulging and slacking off. It doesn't happen very often and sometimes it is good to give your mind and body a break. As off tomorrow it is back on the clean eating train and I am going to really push myself in my workouts before we head to Bali in 7 weeks! And also so I will be ready for the next time I have to wrestle a god dam snake.

I know it can be difficult after the holidays to get your ass out of bed and the thought of burpees, weights and that commute to work makes you want to choke on your leftover Easter Sunday roast but it has to be done and the first step is always the hardest.

In order to stay on track before our holiday I have made my workout countdown...



Yes I know it is a bit extreme but putting this up on my wall and writing up dates, goals and what I want to accomplish really helps me stay on track. Yeah so it looks like something a 5 year old would produce but it helped me stick to our no sugar challenge as it was there for everyone to see and who wants people to see that they have failed?



I also have bought my weekly food shop, I have written up my workouts for the week in my log book and I have prepared all my meals for work tomorrow as well as set out my uniform. Preparations is key and it really does make it a lot easier and helps encourage you to stay on track.

You might have a daft way of maintaining your motivation like my wall art and I would encourage you to do whatever it takes to do so, be it writing it down, recording a video diary or counting sheep doing tuck jumps over a fence to help you fall asleep. Anything at all that will help YOU achieve YOUR goals. Yes people might think you are crazy and you know what, you probably are but you will be the one laughing when you are wearing that snake around your waist like a WWF championship belt.

In order to make sure that your week is a success I recommend making a note of what you want to achieve, how and why you want to achieve it and prepare yourself so you can do it and always stay positive.


Aye so maybe it is a bit but it is the bloody truth!

Yes it sucks that the holidays are over but it is also great that you can get back to achieving your goals and upping the intensity after a well deserved break.

Embrace the week ahead and consume all that Easter chocolate so there are no temptations! 



Have a good one! 








No comments:

Post a Comment