Sunday 27 April 2014

Exercise Plan, Diet & Lifestyle





Hey everyone! 

So a few of you have asked me what my daily diet and exercise plan is and the truth is, I don't really have one? Well I do, but it isn't necessarily specific or 100% the same all the time. I thought I would share with you a rough idea of what I do because my body is a temple (one that is slightly falling down) and all that malarky. 

Exercise & Fitness

On average I would say that I workout out 5-6 days a week. However, there are weeks I workout less; it really just depends on what my schedule is that week with regards to work and uni (and if I am offered a free beer and burger then obviously the gym gets patched). My workouts vary a lot and I don't follow a specific programme. I probably should but the truth is, I get bored extremely easily. Those 12 reps, 3 sets of bicep curls just don't make me feel excited or motivated. In fact, I usually consider knocking myself out with the dumbbells so I have a reason to stop. 

I believe that if you have a certain goal you want to reach then a set programme can be the key to success and if it works for you, definitely keep going. However, for me, my main goal is being fit and healthy. It isn't for the 'squatters butt' (okay maybe a bit for that- loves a booty) or 'thigh gap' or that daft 'bikini bridge' that was going about. What the heck even was that!? I can make a bridge balancing my chocolate bars and I find that far more impressive thank you very much. But yeah, anyway, I workout for my health, my state of mind and my happiness. Don't get me wrong, if I was blessed with a figure like Jessica Ennis or Beyonce I would happily walk to the shops naked but I am not going to follow a boring monotonous diet and exercise programme in order to get it. Instead, I do what I want. If I wake up that day and I want to go a run, I will- if I want to do yoga, I will. If I want to bench press two tins of baked beans then make cheesy beanos after are you really going to tell me that it’s wrong if it makes me happy and keeps me active? 

Like I said, I don't have a specific programme but I try to a follow a bit of a pattern when it comes to what I do each day;

Monday:
HIT workout/interval training
Full Body( legs, back, chest & shoulders) 

Tuesday:
Run/HIT workout/interval training
Yoga

Wednesday:
HIT workout/interval training
Full Body (legs, biceps & triceps)

Thursday:
Run/HIT workout/interval training
Yoga

Friday:
HIT workout/interval training
Full body (legs, back, chest and shoulders


Saturday:
Run/yoga/pilates/rest

Sunday:
Rest 

And I throw in abs every now and again; either between sets or when I am watching Family Guy at silly o'clock and can't sleep. 

I aim for about three weights sessions a week and I prefer doing full body as opposed singling out muscle groups. I also try and do at least 20 minutes of cardio everyday just to keep the old ticker healthy and happy! However, if I wake up and dread the thought of going to the gym and I am just not feeling it that day, I won't go. Instead, I will work out at home or go a run and get some fresh air (or as fresh as it gets on the West Coast of Scotland). I truly believe that in order to get the most out of it, working out should be fun and enjoyable. So if you loathe going to the gym, then why do it? Find something that gets you excited and motivated. You will work ten times harder and gain so many more benefits. If it’s cross-training, Zumba or even dancing in your undies with a broom in the kitchen, do it. Be active every day. Be happy every day. Laughing is my favourite core workout. 






Diet

Okay. Diet. Again this is something that I get quite passionate about in the sense that I do not believe in 'diets' in the slightest. In fact, I am not even going to waste my time writing about them. Being healthy is not a diet. It is a lifestyle. Aye ‘cliché’- but it is the bloody truth! As long as I am feeding my body with good, clean food (and by clean food I mean no processed junk 80% of the time) then all is well. What is meant by the term 'processed' I hear you ask? Well, if it comes out a box or a tin then that is usually a subtle hint. But, if you read the label and you have neither heard of nor can hazard a guess at how to pronounce one of the ingredients, then it is time to step away because 'AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!' Well, not if you want to be bouncing about like a member of the young team when you are 80 anyway.



So yeah, basically I eat A LOT of food. Every 2-3hrs to be exact. But I eat food that is natural. Lots of good lean proteins, good fats, fruit, veggies and good CARBOHYDRATES. Yeah, you read that. I eat CARBS; a tonne of them. I don't know what moron started the Chinese whisper that 'carbs are the devil' because it is a lie. Your body needs carbs. Just make sure they are the good kind. I am talking whole-grain carbohydrates such as brown rice, whole-grain pasta, whole-grain bread and oats; carbs that are high in fibre and release energy slowly. Sorry lads but a cake from Greggs or a meatball marinara from Subway doesn't count (how bloody marvellous are they though?)



I also believe that the best way to eat healthy is by preparation. It may mean getting up that little bit earlier but packing healthy meals when you have a busy day a head is essential to keeping on track. I am the 'Queen of Tupperware' and I always have an extra bag full just with food wherever I go. Most people find this bizzare and go in to some sort of fit when I get my boiled eggs and chicken out (no pun intended), and when they see the slightest shade of green they cry 'oh my gosh, do you even eat!? That is like rabbit food!' Well my friend, it's funny you say that because I actually have another four boxes of this with me for today alone yet you will go a good 6 hrs with absolutely no food at all apart from a bar of dairy milk? That to me is bizzare. 

Other than eating real food I don't have much else diet-wise to offer. Most of us know when we are eating well and when we are not (secret sweetie drawer in my room is looking pretty bare as of late and I only went shopping for supplies yesterday, my bad). I am not a nutritionist or a dietitian but my rule is simple. 80% of the time be pretty strict and the other 20%, have a laugh for petes sake. Eat a burger, a dominos, some Ben & Jerrys (usually a tub because those guys are just too god damn good). Heck, why not even try eating all that at the same time whilst downing a beer funnel? A bit extreme, yes, but the point I am trying to make is CHILL OUT. If you are eating healthily and exercising regularly then its absolute fine to treat yourself and have fun. Life is too short to be stressing over a slice of cake, or the full cake if you felt like being a bit of a rebel. Get up the next day, go a run or arrange a date with the broom in the kitchen early doors, drink lots of water and start again. Simple. 






1 comment:

  1. Khi nhắc đến thương hiệu Đàn ghita samick là một trong những nhãn hiệu Đàn guitar đến từ Hàn Quốc được dùng rộng rãi Khoản thời gian gần lại đây có giá bán khá mềm phù hợp cho những bạn mới học trình diễn đàn hoặc người có nhu cầu đặt dần nhưng điều kiện kinh tế không cho phép chi số tiền lớn. Với Đàn ghita samick được sếp vào dòng Đàn ghita giá rẻ tuy nhiên tố mặc chất lương. Khi nhắc đến thương hiệu Đàn guitar trên bạn khong thể nào không Nhắc đến các mãu Đàn ghita như : đàn guitar Samick D-1 CE ,Guitar Samick GD-100SCE....là mẫu đàn tiêu biểu của nhãn hiệu samick chúng ta cùng tham khảo thông tin chi tiết các mẫu Đàn ghita samick Hiện nay bán ở trên thị trường như sau:

    1.Samick D1 CE

    Về Đàn Samick GD-100SCElà một chiếc Sản phẩm đàn guitar electro acoustic có âm thanh mượt mà của gỗ Gụ và dáng đàn dreadnought cùng mặt cắt cho phép chạm đến những phím đàn cao nhất. Kết hợp với 20 phím đàn trên bàn phím làm bằng gỗ hồng mộc, ngựa đàn cùng chất liệu gỗ hồng và xương đàn, lược đàn bằng PPS, hệ thống điện tử chất lượng cao cùng bộ điều chỉnh dây đàn bằng crôm mang lại cho D-1CE một giai điệu rất hay, có vẻ ngoài trơn mượt cùng lớp phủ sơn mài tự nhiên rất hấp dẫn.

    Toàn thân bằng gỗ Gụ Greg Bennett D-1CE có cấu trúc từ thân đàn, cần đàn và phía trước đều đã được bằng gỗ Gụ cho chiếc Sản phẩm đàn guitar này một âm thanh rất vang dội tuy nhiên cũng rất sâu lắng. Chất gỗ dày của gỗ Gụ dội lại âm thanh rất nhanh mang đến chất âm dịu êm áp và lắng đọng ở những quãng trầm nhưng vẫn giữ được tiếng vang chính xác ở quãng trung và quãng cao.

    2. Samick 100SCE

    Đàn guitar Samick GD 100 SCE mang yếu tố của Một cây đàn Dreadnought thùng khuyết và hệ thống mặt đàn Thunderflex(TM) hoàn toàn mới, cho ra âm thanh lớn hơn, dày hơn (Hãy thử và tự bạn đánh giá). Tích hợp pickup Fishman(R) sẵn sàng lên sân khấu với bạn luôn, cho buổi chơi lớn nhỏ, hay là các buổi họp bạn bè thân mặt. Mặt đàn làm từ gỗ Vân Sam Sitka nguyên miếng, tích hợp tuner và như thế, bạn đã có một cây Đàn ghita chất lượng, giá thành tốt, đáp ứng mọi yêu cầu của người trình diễn.

    ReplyDelete