Wednesday 23 April 2014

Easter Bunny Who?

Hey guys!

So I don't know about you lot but since having a taste of the bad stuff on the joy that was Easter, I now can't stop thinking about sugar. Like seriously I have dreams I am just standing in the kitchen eating chocolate digestives and swinging strawberry laces around my head and I am starting to wonder if it is a dream or if I am actually sleep walking? Or if I am not asleep at all and just closing my eyes and telling myself I am so I can blame the midnight feasts on my greedy chubby alter ego, Fatalie. See what I did there? Instead of Natalie? Yeah? 



Anyway moving on, in order to fight the cravings I had a go at making some Rocky Road Protein Brownies. This was the result: 


Like seriously, who in their right mind would go for a lovely chocolately, sugary biscuit when you could have one of these? 

Bloody normal people that's who. 

However, I think we all know that in life we could make better choices when it comes to food and for something that technically isn't a brownie, they honestly taste pretty good and definitely help keep the cravings at bay. One (or two/the whole tray of these if its been that kind of day) plus some natural greek yogurt and honey will have you as happy as a pig in shite, and if you have ever seen one you will know that is probably as happy as you can get. 

Recipe: 

5 scoops of oats
6 scoops of chocolate protein powder
3 eggs and two egg whites
Milk of your choice
Mini marshmallows

Method: 

Blend oats together until fine (don't do this with a hand held blender, getting oats in your eyes is not fun). 

Add eggs, protein powder and milk and stir until you get a smooth consistency.

Once it is smooth, add in the marshmallows. You can also add nuts and dried fruit if you wish! 

Line a baking tray and pour mixture in and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 180. 

Leave to cool and enjoy! 

Let me know what you think and if you have any other healthy clean eating recipes you want me to try!

Rainy Day Workout

The weather today was also bloody awful (standard for Scotland) but that doesn't mean we can't get a workout in! I have made up a 15 minute HIT workout especially for rainy days that can be done at home with no equipment. Just perform the exercises as normal. There's no need to hunt the bagpipes out the garage, I just added the Scottish terms for a giggle (and because I thought it was clever - in hindsight it isn't). 

Complete all four exercises for 45 seconds each with 15 seconds rest between and repeat 4 times. After you have completed the circuit finish with 1 full minute of high knees. 

No excuses guys, give it a go! 



For more of my recipes and workouts follow me on Instagram and Twitter! Also if there is anything you would like me to blog about in particular or anything exercise or food related you would like me to try please get in touch. The more excuses to eat the better!

Have a lovely day folks! 






No comments:

Post a Comment