Sunday 22 March 2015

I Quit Sugar - Week Three

Did you know that Carlton Dry only has 0.2g of sugar? Did you also know that Carlton Dry is a really good beer and it so happens to be Rustins favourite beer? And it's also in my top 5 beers? Probably before Chang but after Hanns Super Dry.

So we had a night out this weekend, with the footie and netball team. A keg night where all beers from the keg were only $2. The keg also happened to be Carlton Dry. Rustins favourite beer, my number 2 and a beer that only has 0.2g of sugar. 

A blatant sign from God right? 

So we had one. 

Okay, maybe three....

Fuck okay I had ten and Rustin had about 25 that resulted in him being Spewey McSpewhead and me climbing up a stripper pole and being pushed in a shopping trolley home. 



CAF. 

BUT in our defence we came home and instead of getting in amoungst the meat tray Rust won in the raffle, we drunkenly read the packets of food to check their sugar content before giving up and going to bed in a huff. 

So technically we haven't broke our sugar challenge, even in my hungover state I haven't ordered in a pizza or ate a full packet of digestives. 

Probably because I was hanging out my arsehole and even the thought of water offended me.


Not so CAF.  

Aye so week three overall has been a good one. We managed to get drunk, laugh our heads off and had a perfect hangover cure of bacon and eggs and tv. 

We only have 10 days to go and I honestly can't believe how much giving up sugar has changed my perspective on food and what we consume. Even with a raging hangover I was determined to stick it out and my healthy Sunday dinner killed my cravings for a big dirty mexican feast just fine (I mean mexican food, not an actual feast of mexican people who haven't showered). 


A months challenge could potentially turn in to a lifestyle....unless Ben & Jerrys is on deal then we are fucked.




No comments:

Post a Comment